Weight I have lost

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Who Are You, and What Did You Do With Al?

OK, so what is up with me.

Yesterday, I was too hungover to do anything.


So D and I watched Talk to Me...a good movie. I enjoyed it. Then went to bed.


So this morning, I got up and decided to run with Guinness. We took Porter on our warmup which was .25 miles. They were doing fine, sniffing and smelling everything. THen a dog ran out between 2 houses. Now, mind you I'm totally a dog person, and this thing scared the bejeesus out of me. Imagine this thing running full force at you.


So Guinness decided to act nuts, and managed to get out of her leash. Border Collie on the run. Luckily, the Great Dane hit her in the nose, and Guinness ran behind a parked car, so I managed to get her back on the leash. Porter does not like any dog when she is on a leash, so growl. I got the pups all settled and we continued our walk with GD walking all around us. We came around the loop and there was one of my neighbors out. He was all huffy. And I asked him if it was his dog. You could totally tell he was upset, because he thought it was my dog, and had had a speech all ready for me, and now he couldn't use it. Apparently GD had dug up his entire back yard. GD saw the man and ran over and jumped on him. It made me laugh, and Guinness and Po and I went back home.
I really didn't want to run with that dog out, so I decided to go to the gym.
Time: 16:28 (walk)
Mileage .25 (65:52 min/mile)
Calories: 100
Max HR 146
Avg HR 112
So I got to the gym and was all by myself. I started running. About 4 minutes in, I thought I was going to die. My legs were made of lead. So I got to 8 minutes, and decided to walk 2. Started again, and ran to 18 and walked 2. Ran to 28 and walked 3. Then I ran the rest.
I'm not sure what was up with it, but eh. I walked a mile on my cooldown.
I went and got the car washed and then came home and mowed the lawn. All this before 10AM.
Time: 43:56 (run)
Mileage 3.1 (14:10 min/mile)
Time:20.38(walk)
Mileage 1 (20.38 min/mile)
Calories: 902
Max HR 184/167
Avg HR 168/150
In Zone 13:20/15:06

9 comments:

Jen Den said...

That happened to me the other day. I have been running 4 miles a day. But the other day? No go. I had to walk a lot of it. Oh well. It happens.

paige said...

Awesome in my book and the fact that you still mowed the lawn...speechless.

Marcy said...

Oh my gawd! That dog is HUGE!! I'd be a bit scared indeed LOL

Anonymous said...

LMAO at the GD jumping on the POd neighbor guy! I love GDs, but they can be quite destructive...all that energy and no owner present to keep it focused.

Nice job on the exercise!

Tammy said...

Great job on taking it to the gym.
Many people (okay, me) would have just packed it in after the GD sighting.

Diario de Elysia said...

Dayum you got allot done in the morning!

Delane said...

Woot on all the running and walking. I have days that my legs are lead or recently my calves are on fire. happens..eh. Could be worse, we could be lazy and do nothing.

I grew up with and Irish Wolfhound so I love big dogs. I sooooooo want a fawn or harliquan Great Dane. They ROCK. Or another Irish Wolfhound.

Carly said...

I think I would have stamped me shorts if I saw that dog come at me.

Julia said...

That GD pic is hysterical, I love dogs too, but I'd prolly whimper if I saw that running at me!