Weight I have lost

Thursday, January 26, 2012

11 Random posts

I got tagged by Christina to do this 11 Random posts.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer...Answer Christina's because I'm lazy.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people! Whatever...do it if you want.

1. I drink a lot of fluid and always have. It was not uncommon for my brother and me to go through a can of Hi-C in one dinner sitting when I was 6. Now I drink 12+ glasses of water a day, and probably 5 Diet Cokes. The DC is down from 13. I didn't increase my water to compensate though.

2. I cannot multi-task. If I have the TV on, and am looking at my phone, I have no clue what is going on on the TV. With work, if I'm working on more than one project, I have to block it out on the calendar.

3. I don't watch any TV shows that the rest of America seems to love. I have never watched American Idol, Real HouseWhores of ____, Lost, Modern Family, The Office, etc. I tried to watch The Office. After 30 seconds I determined that it wasn't worth the 30 minutes of my time. I liked one show. It was called Happy Hour on Fox. It was hilarious. It lasted 2 or 3 episodes.


4. If I could retire, I would retire in Baltimore. Everyone tells me what a dirty, rundown, gross city it is. I love it. Although, I will never root for the Ravens. When we visit, I feel so alive. I do not feel the same in Washington, D.C.

5. I couldn't fathom living in the suburbs in any place. I did it for the first 18 years of my life, and then another 7 years after college (I was ITP, though!!!). After the age of 6, I couldn't figure out why we didn't live in the city. When I spent 3 weeks in London after 9th grade, I decided I would always live in a city.

6. I don't like cats.  I had 4 growing up. The first 3 were decent. I didn't get along with the last one.  It made me hate them. Now when I'm around them, my skin itches and I sneeze constantly.

7. I hate when co-workers call a female co-worker a bitch.  It is very non-descriptive.  Hard-ass or ball-breaker is usually more apt, because most times I hear bitch, it is when a female told someone they didn't do something right, follow procedure, or the name-caller isn't getting their way.  If someone calls me a bitch, I ask them to be more descriptive, or tell them I wouldn't be doing my job if I weren't one. 

8. My brother gives the best hugs.  Not in a creepy way.  But they are the kind that if you never see each other again, you know that he loves you.  This is a long way from the bone crushing handshakes that he used to give me in church, on purpose. 

9. My idea of hell is a cruise.  I never have been on one.  The thought of looking on all sides and not seeing land makes me sick.  The thought of being on a ship with a whole bunch of strangers holds no appeal.  The thought of being on a ship with no good beer scares me.  Thinking about the Love Boat gives me nightmares.  It also holds no appeal to me to spend a few hours in one place and get back on a ship. If I want to go somewhere, I want to explore that area.

10.  I hate Tapas.  I don't understand them.  If I wanted to share my food with my dining companions, I would have invited them over to my house for dinner where we could have normal sized plates of food.  I don't want to share 7 over-priced small appetizers (3 which I probably don't even want) with 3 other people, spend $50+ and have to stop at McDonald's on the way home, because I'm still hungry. 

11.  My house is rarely ever clean all at the same time.  Sometimes I probably should be embarrassed; frankly, I just don't care.  When I think about how I choose to spend my time, I don't want to look back in 50 years and say, "Every Saturday, I cleaned my house."  I'd much rather go, "I spent my Saturdays exploring Atlanta with D (and the dogs), enjoying the time we had together." 




Here are my questions:
1. Favorite dish/food? Pizza (always with red sauce and extra cheese, other topping vary).
2. Favorite singer? Eddie Vedder
3. Chick flick? Thrillers? Scary movies? Don't really enjoy any although, right now I'm catching up on Comic Book Movies
4. Favorite beverage? Guinness
5. What's your typical/usual daily outfit? Pants and some kind of "nice" T-shirt.
6. What's your usual workout outfit? Shorts, Knee Brace, Technical T, HRM, Bra, socks and shoes
7. Pet peeve? People who assume I think the same as they. And people who use the subjective pronoun where the objective one should be.
8. Introvert or extrovert? Introvert unless I know you. I don't like talking to people I don't know and I see no point in small talk.
9. What do you always have in your grocery cart? Jalapenos
10. Your best trait? I will think the best of people until they prove me otherwise.
11. Your worst trait? I am stubborn.

3 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

13 diet cokes in a day?! Woah..

Christina said...

13 diet Cokes in one day ... you and my boyfriend can be buddies! But come to think of it, I have never tried to commit myself to see how many cokes I can drink in one day. A lot, I am sure.

Agree with you on the clean house thing. :)

Thanks for doing it. Very entertaining for me.

Carolina John said...

Wow that's a lot of diet coke. Good list!