Weight I have lost

Friday, September 16, 2011

12 Miler Coming Up

I have my 12 Miler tomorrow. I'm not really looking forward to it.  The run...oh that will be fine.  I'm not looking forward to getting up so that I can take 3+ hours out of my morning (getting to the trail, running, and getting home) and be walking out the door at 1015 to get my drink on before the GT game.  It makes me tired thinking about it.  By the time game time rolls around (seriously, I hate 12 or 1230 game times, and the ACC never fares any better), I should be sound asleep in the stands.  I know, I could not drink, but that would be like the Pope suddenly becoming Buddhist.

So anyway,  I'm going to try some nutrition for this run.  Nature Valley Granola Thins.  These things are the biggest waste on the planet.  So I bought a box last week, because Kroger was having buy a select 10 things and get $5 off your bill. This was in the select things, and at the end with my coupon and the $.50 from the get $5 off, they came to something stupid like $.30 (I think they are regularly $2.79).  My palm is bigger than this 80 calorie square.  I ate one when I got home, and texted D to tell him of the ridiculousness of these things.  (Now you understand why I text D while sitting next to him...it is the way we communicate, and he gets every fleeting thought that comes into my brain).  When he got home, he agreed they were dumb.  You have to eat at least 3 of them (240 calories) to get any type of "fullness" so I tried to figure out what I was going to do with them.  I decided I would take 1 or 2 on my 12 mile run and see how they do.  So I'll let you know.

And Nature Valley didn't in any way, shape or form, contribute to me thinking their product was stupid.

No comments: