Weight I have lost

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In the Ghetto

So I have been running, sort of. Like most things in my life right now, I am kind of half-assing it. I think I'm depressed. I'm really not enjoying much. I'm not hating much either. Everything is just eh.

I told D about the way I was feeling. He said he was having the same issue. Maybe it is just too damn hot out and we just don't care. Eh.

Well McMenamin doesn't feel the same as us. He is loving destroying anything he can find while we are gone (I think I already said he ate through his crate).  We decided to tire him out exercising, but we are going on the 10th or 11th day of 90+ degree days, so he can't go run with us. The past 2 nights I've been asleep by 9pm, and am awake when D gets up at 5am. So this morning, I got up and decided to take McM out for a 2 or 4 mile run.

So D and I walked him and SB and then D took SB home (much to SB's dismay).  McM and I went up to German Shepherd Pass and started running.  It took us about 5 minutes to get that I wanted him to run on the left side of me, and he wanted to run where ever and it would be great to run between my legs.  So we alternated throughout the run like that.  He managed to poop on a condom in the middle of the road (no, I didn't clean it up).  And when we went up Friday hill, a lady was at the bus stop. McM saw her right as a rooster crowed, and it scared the shit out of him (not literally, because he already left that on the condom).  So we went down Friday hill rather fast. I decided we would go for 4 miles.  While we ran down the hill by the school, I noticed I was singing this...




So I'm singing and McM takes off down the hill. It took all I could do to slow us down. I could see myself breaking my nose from him pulling me down. We ended up going really slowly on that section. We turned around and saw 3 loose dogs. Yay!

However, I don't think a Collie with no legs (a Corgi), a miniature Golden Retriever, and something else would get us. So we went back up the School Hill. We started the route again but at Bellsouth Hill, McM started walking. As I was assessing if he was dehydrated (as we turned for home), he saw a squirrel, so off we went.

We went back to the Subdivision and down the hill. Another freaking rooster. Since when do I live in the frigging X-burbs? Again, McM went apeshit, so that mile finished up fast.

I'm hoping he is worn out. I've already wanted to go to sleep 3 times since 6am.

And I got home and checked my email. Apparently gun shots rang out at 5 and there were cop cars. Um, yeah, no. I'm pretty sure we would have heard those. So we may have roosters, but we're in the ghetto...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're brave to run with a dog. mine basically drag me all over if we try to run. lol

Christina said...

Good post! I always see in movies/commercials where dogs run alongside with their owners, keeping pace. But my dog... gee! She just pulls me and drags me everywhere. Sometimes, she refuses to budge. So it is great to know that I am not the only one.

Aka Alice said...

I have this awesome visual of you singing "Cartman in the Ghetto" as McM is pulling you along... LOL...

I agree with Lisa. You're brave!