Weight I have lost

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Boredom and Blisters

First, thanks for everyone's chiming in doing the HM. I agree that I should just have fun.

Nothing exciting (like getting a job) since last blog. I did save $3.60 at Aldi vs. Kroger. Yes, I have enough time on my hands to shop at 2 grocery stores and comparison shop. I also got a library card. Now I have to figure out how the web page works since my branch doesn't have books (I can order them).

I ran 5 miles today. I did well for 45 minutes, but then the heat/boredom kicked in on the treadmill and slowed down. Still faster than either of last weeks by over a minute. But my toe hurt very badly.

I got home and saw why. The most humongous blister ever! It hurts very badly. Scuttlebutt and I hobbled on 2 of his 3 walks (Guinness only went on the first one which I hadn't taken off my shoes yet). So tomorrow's 3 miler should be interesting. What is weird is the other foot has a blister on the same toe, 3rd next to to 2nd toe. And it doesn't hurt at all.

We will see. I did make dinner tonight. Homemade Chicken Potpie with Homemade Crust. It was ugly looking but it was good.
I guess I'll be bodygliding the hell out of my toe.

9 comments:

Christina said...

You speak my language. I run because I like to eat too too much. I look forward to reading more about your runs and meals.

Kelly said...

I usually lurk..not comment..but I hiked the Grand Canyon recently and the cure for having to still exercise/hike with blisters is duck tape!!! If you duck tape it...it will feel good enough for your run. Just thought I would share the tip...love hearing about your dogs :)

Unknown said...

owie on the blister. something like that happened to me a few weeks ago...actually i took off my sock and found a bloody foot....well just a bloody toe...from a broken blood blister. hasn't happened again though. weird.

RockStarTri said...

Feel better.

timeformetofly said...

We are blister sisters. So sorry you have to share in that pain, too. I now have a third one... OUCH! BTW, let me know how the Bodyglide works for them, please.

Carolina John said...

run. eat. then you can run some more. then you can eat more to fuel up for the long runs. it's my favorite cycle.

Delane said...

Nothing says training like blisters and bloody toe nails.


wtg on the run. you dinner sounds delish.

Becca said...

Did you steralize/lance it & keep the skin on? It's very satisfying...

Aka Alice said...

Glide works.

Time for new shoes? (that's usually what it means when I start getting blisters).