Weight I have lost

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Run

So Friday wasn't too exciting. Work.
I went to Taco Mac for Happy Hour. First beer was lovely... Left Hand's Warrior IPA. Why it was an 11 oz pour, I have yet to figure (ABV 6.6%). But it was good. Next beer knocked the Warrior to the ground. Stone's Self-Rightious was awesome. It might be my newest favorite. It too was an 11 oz pour (8.5%). My friend arrived with her co-workers and we sat on the patio. I had to leave at 6 because D's car didn't start that morning so I had to go get him from work.

We went and got Mexican food, and then came home.

Saturday, D got a ride to work, and I got to sleep in. At 8 am, I checked the temp...67. Cool. I got G-dog and Porter ready and off for a warm-up. We dropped Po at home and off we went. My legs were so sore. The thighs were yelling at me. We got to Mile 1 and I seriously thought about going home. But, I decided I had to run off the guacamole I had had on Friday. Guinness was in her own little world. She managed to talk to the Great Dane, the German Shepherd and the Pit Bull. The "terrorist" dogs were not outside yet. We eeked out the 3 miles, she recovered much faster than I.

New Balance called me to let me know the shoes I ordered were in. So I went and tried on 2 pairs. My feet were so sore from the run, I looked at my shoes, and brought them with me, but refused to put them on. Wore my birks instead. So I tried on the first pair, and it was like Heaven on my feet. I ran down the front of the store front and they felt good, albeit clunky, but when have my shoes been stylish? The next pair were gorgeous, and lookes like real running shoes. I put them on. My feet loved all the cushioning. I ran on them, and knew they weren't for me. I kind of felt like I was going to hurt myself with them, so I bought the clunky ones. Truth be told, the clunky ones are the beautiful ones I talked about a few posts ago.

I picked up D from work, and we came home. Had LeftHand Jackman Porter and Fort Collin's Chocolate Stout. Watched 4 NCISs and went to bed.

This morning, I woke up a complete bitch and D let me know. This of course pissed me off, so I got dressed, check the weather and saw it was 64. D was downstairs with Po, so I grabbed a leash and went outside. Got Guinness ready. We walked and then took off.

German Shepherd was out and Guinness acted like she was in heat or something. Since I don't run fast, G prances or struts. She got in front of the GS and tail curled up, back arched, and she strutted past GD. It made me laugh. The terrorists were out, so we didn't stay near them long.

We waved to a neighbor and continued. Friday house was already rolling (at 830am). I busted out laughing. Guinness talked to them. Whined like she wanted some. We continued running. I must learn Spanish, as the neighbor said something. I think he said "still" as in "you're still running?" as I saw him 45 minutes earlier.

I was a little worried about G during our 4th mile. Then she saw a cat, then a squirrel and then 2 fat cats. Yes, she had energy. We got home, and I apologized to D.

We went and got lunch, and went to the grocery store. The skies opened up and it is pouring. So in the rain, we rolled his truck out of the garage and finagled the cars so we could jump it. Noticed the negative terminal was loose, but eh. We went up to Advanced Auto who has excellent service and got a new battery. The guy Darrel installed it. He said we needed a new terminal, not a new battery. At this point we were all drenched, and the battery was already in. D and I said, eh.

What ticked us off...2 years ago (our battery we just replaced was a 2 yr which is why we just said eh), this EXACT thing happened. I was changing the headlamp, and the next day the car wouldn't work. I took it to the dealer and he said I needed a new battery. I said I thought it was odd that my battery held a charge, that my car wasn't clicking like a dead battery, etc. No, he said, you need a new battery. When I got the car out (for a lot more than what I paid today), I felt dirty, and vowed I wouldn't go back to Regal Nissan (and I haven't)

Now 2 years later, I KNOW I should have trusted my gut, and Regal has a bunch of crooks in thier service department. Pisses me off. Perhaps I should wear a strap-on when going to get the cars fixed. Live and learn I guess. The car is working, and we know how to fix it. Next week I'll look at fixing the battery terminal. I need to look at what I need in terms of equipment. Not sure I have wire strippers... or a wrench.

Time: 14:03 (walk)
Mileage: .37 (37:58 min/mile)
Time: 53:18 (run)
Mileage: 3.13 (17:01 min/mile)
Calories: 706
Max HR 179
Avg HR 158
In Zone 28:18

Time: 8:01 (walk)
Mileage: .29 (27:38 min/mile)
Time: 83:03 (run)
Mileage: 5.02 (16:32 min/mile)
Calories: 1095
Max HR 179
Avg HR 156
In Zone 45:48


Missy said...

Stick with the shoes you know and that you like. If it's not broke....

The Friday house, I want pictures of the Friday house please!

mommie2lea said...

Amazing runs... what a weekend!

Girl on Top said...

I hate car problems. They end up being so much more than I expected.

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.