Weight I have lost

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week 7 DONE!!!

I missed 2 workouts, 1 swim and 1 bike.
I'm counting the 12 minute swim before I was kicked out of the pool.

This week seemed to be the "Why did you breed" week...moreso than usual. Kids were more out of control and bugging the shit out of me.

It started better enough...Wednesday was my first workout. Gym at 5am to run 5K. It was hell and I figured out the 5K circuit involved mile 2 up a hill the entire time. Finished, got ready for work and went. Later D and I went on a bike ride. It seemed we passed a lot of parents who have no clue that bikers ride on the Bike Path and are amazed that people ride it at over 20mph (not me, mind you). So we watched as kids wandered, parents were stupid, and bikers almost crashed.

Thursday, was where it all fell apart. I didn't get up in the morning, so no run. I went to the pool after work. Swam my 200m warmup and then started on my 40 minute swim. 12 minutes in, whistles. There were 5 of us in the swim lanes, and 1 lady and her shitter in the main area, and a ton of kids in the 0-4ft pool. So we all got out of the main pool, because the mother who was oh so important didn't use a explosive proof diaper and her kid shit all in the pool (the pool sells the diapers for $2 and the shitter is under 5 so he can go into the pool for free). Since I had been in the pool, I didn't get to get my money back or a voucher to the indoor pool. I really hate people. I was livid when I came home, and drank a beer.

Friday, I got up and ran 4 miles. Somehow I managed in 20 minutes, to get the dog to bite me, drop my bike out of my car onto the ground, twist my wrist, throw the bike pump across the driveway, let a string of expletives out, scare the shit out of my neighbor and yell at D. So about 10 miles into my drive to work, I burst into tears, pulled off, called my boss, and said I wasn't coming in. I decided to go to Einsteins in Midtown, because I figured it wouldn't have kids (predominantly gay area). So I walked in and I was right. I am waiting in line and a little shit comes in with his mom and touches me. I tell her I will call the police if he gropes me again, and to get the fuck away from me. The cashier busts out laughing, and the woman is truly offended. I came home and took a 4 hour nap, as obviously I was not meant to be in the world Friday.

Anyway, D and I had a few beers Friday night, and I got mad because he was quoting movie lines before they were on the TV, so I got up and went upstairs and went to bed. I woke up at 6.
I went to the gym and ran 6 miles. I felt better. I went and got my haircut. Then I went to Whole Foods. I saw the dumbest thing ever...carts for little kids. I controlled my ire, but was utterly annoyed. The only good thing is that they have orange flags on them so I could stay clear of them before some 2ft person hits me in the shins with a cart.
D and I went on a date to get pizza, and then spent most of the day doing nothing. Saturday night we watched TV.

Sunday, we went bike riding on another bike path. 22 mile bike ride. It was much easier than the first 20 miler I did. I only had 1 mile that was really off (mile 16 was over 7 minutes long). Around mile 18, we almost had an accident. I watched 3 kids cause bikers brake ahead of me, and their father yelled at them. As I was coming up, they ran 3 abreast and right as I was going to call "On your left," a biker behind me yelled, "CMON GUYS, GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!" I also heard him say WTF! Lots of brakes but no accident, and the guy pretty much pushed his kids into the ditch as bikers were coming from both directions. It further added to my "why breed" week. We finished up our ride, and went and got bagels and went to the grocery.

We discussed going to the pool (if it was opened), but toddlers are like cats. They find the person who hates them the most and hang out by them. And I don't think I could handle that.

Hopefully, I'll get through my "kids bug the shit out of me" phase this week.

Time: 8:34 (walk)
Mileage: .4 (21:25 min/mile)
Time: 43:28 (run)
Mileage: 3.11 (13:58 min/mile)
Time: 14:52 (walk)
Mileage: .6 (24:46 min/mile)
Calories: 826
Max HR 188
Avg HR 175
In Zone: 7:22

Time: 63:58 (bike)
Mileage: 11.26 (10.56 MPH)
Calories: 662
Max HR 172
Avg HR 147
In Zone 28:24

Time: 12:58 (swim)
Mileage: 400meter (3:14 min/100meters)
Calories: 132
Max HR 159
Avg HR 146
In Zone: 3:17

Time: 8:30 (walk)
Mileage: .4 (21:15 min/mile)
Time: 55:37 (run)
Mileage: 4 (13:54 min/mile)
Time: 12:34 (walk)
Mileage: .6 (24:35 min/mile)
Calories: 981
Max HR 191
Avg HR 177
In Zone: 7:08

Time: 9:50 (walk)
Mileage: .4 (24:35 min/mile)
Time: 87:54 (run)
Mileage: 6 (14:39 min/mile)
Time: 13:44 (walk)
Mileage: .6 (22:53 min/mile)
Calories: 1403
Max HR 184
Avg HR 172
In Zone: 10:36

Time: 125:39 (bike)
Mileage: 22.12 (10.56 MPH)
Calories: 1087
Max HR 158
Avg HR 132
In Zone 14:22

4 comments:

timeformetofly said...

The groping comment made me snort, seriously! Awesome workouts! I look forward to the day that I casually say "I went and ran 6 miles and I felt better." :)

Anne said...

I'm sorry it was such a crappy week for you! Caroline loves you though ;)

Missy said...

I don't have kids for a reason and they all love me and want to touch me and shit too! Keep your urchins to yourself, especially when I'm cranky...and NO I don't want to hold the baby;)

Aka Alice said...

To be honest, I have two kids, but I feel the exact same way about everyone else's kids...they all bug the crap out of me (it's why I've always taught high school and college...no kids!)

Great workout week!