Weight I have lost

Monday, May 28, 2012

Volunteering, Running and Drinking

Kind of like last weekend but in a different order.

Friday, I had a lot of fires at work. At 2pm, most of them seemed to be out, mostly because the office cleared out.  By 3, after a chat with Wells Fargo who has lost my mortgage but has a record of all my payments and the declining principle, I gave up.  I decided to go see some pups.  My favorite of course is someone else's.  I think she is already adopted (her 7 days for her owner to find her wasn't up).  Anyway, she reminded me of Guinness.  Went immediately to the gate to leave, carried on like I was torturing her for not letting her run away, and really enjoyed running up and down the parking lot.  Perfect dog for a runner.
Cindy...Someone has applied to adopt her

Saturday, I got up and decided to go for a run. At 7AM it was 70 degrees and humid.  I went out to the prison.  I was drenched. Crossed over the train tracks and climbed up the big hill.  Then I did some rolling hills, and turned around and came back.  I went down the really big hill.  There is a huge hill after going down. How did I never see this?  I will own this hill. God I hope the train doesn't come while climbing (the top of the hill is the train track).  I got up the hill.  Slowed slightly as I crossed the tracks.  All of the sudden, "Ding, ding, ding"  Red blinking lights.  Train horn. I look to the right and the train is barreling down from behind the prison and coming at me with me in the middle of the tracks.  Let's just say, I did pick up my pace, and my heart rate flew up. I got over the tracks safely. I was happy that the train decided to come when it did and not while I was on the hill. The trains right there are usually long (like when you are in the car, you turn around and go another way).

I finished up that street and turned onto the main street.  A young man was walking.  Right as I turned, 9 minutes was up so I started walking.   The young man informed me I was cheating. I started laughing. I told him I had cheated 5 other times before that.  It was a steady 5 miles.  It was hot.  But my legs felt good.

While tooling around at home, my friend IM from Seattle texted to let me know he had a few hours to spare (he was in town seeing his family). Since I rarely get to see him, D and I met him at the local pub.  Another friend who I hadn't seen in about 15 years came to see us as well. Unfortunately we only got to see them for about 45 minutes.  We had plans with M to go to Brew at the Zoo.  That was fun.  We saw animals, I danced (not a pretty sight), we had beer and listened to Arrested Development.
D, Panda, Me and M

Yesterday D and I didn't do much because he didn't feel well.  Today, I'm the one who is sick...sore throat.

Overall good weekend.

Happy Memorial Day, and thanks to all who have served.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed your post today. Especially about the train. That is something we don't have to worry about here in Hawaii.

Carolina John said...

I see you hiding behind that panda. Great 5'er!