Weight I have lost

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Drinking, Volunteering and Running

So remember how I said my ankle hurt after playing tag in 3-inch platforms?  Well yeah, that caused me not to run for the rest of the week. I was pretty sure I was going to run on Saturday. But D suggested with the amount of walking we were going to do (we were going to a beer fest), it might not be a great idea.  So I took him up on that. 
Me and the Beer Bear...he is reaching for my beer...I thought he was reaching for my breast
 Sunday we went to Volunteer Orientation at the County Pound.  I wasn't sure about it, but the Coordinators were really great.  D and I ended up walking and playing some with some dogs.  Just so cute. The Coordinators want the volunteers to take pictures of the dogs, and walk them.  You can also do other things like clean out cages, and stuff, but really, they just want the dogs to get some play time.  They have a yard for them to run in (one at a time...and a lot of rules of which dogs can go in there).

Giving Daisy a Belly-Rub
I don't think Kay is 2 years old
 
 I was going to go back on Monday and give one a bath.  D and I discussed this on Monday at 4pm as I drove home from work.  At 430, the skies opened up and it poured.  At 445, I called him.  Since the place closes at 6, we decided to do our grocery shopping that we didn't get done on Sunday.

Later in the night, I was looking on the Pound's web page.  The precious babies were no longer listed.  They weren't on the adopted page on FB either.  I cried for about 2 hours.  I can't bring myself to call and ask about them (and I purposely didn't give you all their Animal IDs so you can't ask either).  My friend did point out that they probably got the best hours of their life with us, and that was ultimately what was important.  And there are more there that need our help.  So our plan is to go back on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday. 

I made it back to the gym yesterday.  I am really hoping Dish TV messed up and the gym didn't go to the most basic channels of Local News and QVC and MLB Network.  I will die.  I ran 2 miles at a steady slow pace, but no pain in the leg/ankle.  Back to the gym today.


1 comment:

B. Kramer said...

Good call on not running so that you could better walk around drinking. You have your priorities in order. Sorry to hear about the doggies, but good on you for volunteering. Cheers!