Weight I have lost

Friday, February 3, 2012

Nothing Exciting...Running, Beer, Crab Pretzels

I did it.  I made it to the gym in the morning.  D and I were all set to go to the gym Tuesday night. Then he mentioned the Caps were on (We have DirecTV and the gym has Dish, which meant it wouldn't be on at the gym). I mentioned I was cold.  We decided we would run twice on Wednesday.

So at 5am we got up. I don't think it was hard for D since this is his normal time of waking up.  We took separate cars over to the gym, because he was running 2 and I was running 3.5.  The gym was packed!  Apparently, all the NY Resolutioners go to the gym at 5am!  Who knew?

We both got treadmills and began.  Nothing exciting.  I finished and got home about 10 minutes after D left for work.  All day my hip and knee felt wonky.  I didn't think I would run that night.  It took over 2 hours to get home. When I finally did all I wanted to do was cut off my hip and cry.  It hurt to sit in a chair.  I told D I was going to go watch TV in bed, and I couldn't run. I would do it Thursday AM.  He went.  I went to sleep. Since D gets up every day at 5AM, no need to set my alarm.

I looked at the clock at 441 AM.  Ah 19 minutes more.  I looked again.  546.  D was sound asleep. I don't know why he didn't set his alarm, but he didn't, and I was just as equally to blame, since mine wasn't set either.  Anyway he got up.  I decided I would have to run after work and to go to work now, so as to not spend 2+ hours in traffic again.  I had forgotten about the hip.

While at work, I started thinking about my hip. It wasn't the same pain as before.  It really was stemming from the knee.  Maybe I should relax on the ITB Strap.  I left work and made it over to the gym...

The gym was empty at 515pm.  So odd!  Anyway I ran 2 miles in less than 25 minutes.  The speed is returning (if you can call it that).  The first mile was 12 minutes and the second was 12:31.  The knee felt fine.

Got home and ate dinner, and then D and I went on a date.  There was a tap takeover at a bar we hadn't been to before.  It was a fun time.  We looked at the menu...we'll have to go back.

Can you guess who took over the taps?  I love Breakout Stout!

Bank of America Building by Midtown Tavern (where we were)
So the Puppy Bowl is on this weekend.  Despite not liking the Ravens (who aren't in the Puppy Bowl), I will be making crab pretzels (a Baltimore Tradition). Good thing I have a run to make up on Sunday.  Need something to burn those calories.

No comments: