Weight I have lost

Friday, September 24, 2010

Jogging...Not Sure What That is

So this week, I hit 26 pounds. I'm not sure how since D, Guinness and I sat on the front lawn on Saturday and consumed lots of beer.
But 3 days in a row the scale was reading about the same so I'll take it.

PT Tuesday and she informed me that I could walk 15 minutes on Wednesday, 20 Th, 25 F, 30 from Sat-Tuesday. (treadmill flat surface). I also took a practice test for my exam. I did poorly. Studying took a priority over exercise. Although Thursday I took some time and went to the gym. D did 3 miles while I walked 1 mile and did a ton of stretches.

Today, I can't walk. I had PT. I told her I had thigh pain. WTH? So I changed and we figured out why (no, I don't look at myself in the morning, I guess). I have a bruise/cut on my thigh that is purple/blue/black/yellow/red. PT lady was laughing at me, because it got there between last night and today. So I know I was sober, but no clue where I hit my thigh. Anyway she had me do squat walks today. You put your legs in the green stretchy thing and get in the squat position and walk sideways down the hall, and back. In the squat position. Twice. I begged her to let me run a HM, because it had to be easier than this. OMG!
All the usual stretches.

And she wrote a letter to my doctor explaining her thoughts of why I need an orthotist for orthotics if I'm to keep running. (I called Doc to get a referral to the orthotist and got told to come in for an exam instead).

But... I'm all happy I got to walk on the treadmill. PT lady changed her mind. Walk 25 minutes today on the TM. Tomorrow take a break because I have to walk to the football stadium and stand up sit down stand up sit down. If my pain is less than a 1 on the 1-10 scale, on Sunday I get to jog for 5 minutes. I don't know what jogging is, but I think it is running with a less serious face.

So here's to GT winning tomorrow and for my leg to not hurt.

Because I want to be all clown face on Sunday!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

congrats on the weight loss!
It's great to see that dang scale going down, isn't it?

Have fun "jogging" LOL!

Unknown said...

jogging. sigh. i think she means run easy. :-)

Teamarcia said...

Wow! Congrats on 26!

Delane said...

Congrats. I found you pound or 3 this week