Weight I have lost

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Run of the Year

Well, I got up this morning and walked the pups. Got home and was wide awake, so I put on the pants, the shoes, the brace, the HRM, the Garmin, the bra, the shirt and a coat. Put Guinness back on her leash and off we went. We went on our tried and true 3.1 mile course. I hate it/love it very much. It is ALL hills. You start out downhill then go up hill and seem to climb for awhile. The first mile was ok. I had to stop twice to adjust my knee brace. My knee cap seemed to want to move around. Finally I got the brace set right.

We did the first mile in 17 minutes. The other 2 miles I guess were better, I didn't hear the beep at mile 2. It was rather peaceful being up and running at 8. No one was out. So it was just me and Guinness. I showed her what a Dumpster was, we woofed at the German Shepard, stayed away from the Pit Bull, and waved to the Dalmation in the window. I have stopped using my iPod on neighborhood runs, because I already don't hear very well, so I need to be aware of the cars. Lots speed. I think we yelled twice at cars to slow down. Got the finger and returned it once.

Finally we were done.

Then getting through some issues, D and I went to the liquor store and got some coffee stout from Milwaukee (I have to look up the name), LH Milk Stout, Guinness, and Pipeline Porter.
Oh and besides contacting the credit bureaus, if you know what to do if a medical drug test with your SSN, name, birthday, and address, flew out of your car and went high in the sky, across the street and disappeared, let me know.

Happy New Year.
Time: 52:08 (run)
Mileage: 3.13 (16:40 min/mile)
Calories: 383
Max HR 181
Avg HR: 158

5 comments:

Aka Alice said...

Your run out your front door sounds EXACTLY like mine, all hills and I HATE it (no love at ALL), but I'll probably do it today cuz it's sunny out and running on the dreadmill when it's sunny out seems a crime.

Sorry about your info flying out the window, but I can't think of anything else to do than call the credit bureau... The paper will probably disintegrate in a few days.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Tammy said...

Happy New year, Al!
My "hills" are probably pretty tiny compared to what you deal with, but I love them.

Not sure what to do about losing the info. I've crawled around the parking lot of many a mall when stuff flies out of the car when both doors open at the same time. So far, so good.

timeformetofly said...

Yikes about the paperwork with all of your personal info flying out the window. I hope you escape some horrible person finding it and taking advantage of it.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Happy new year!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good AM run. I am going to try to do more of that in the new year. Not a morning person.
Sorry about the info maybe a big truck ran over it, got it stuck on the muddy tires and ripped it to shreds. Here's to wishful thinking and an awesome new year!