Weight I have lost

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I have been running really, I have

Just haven't been posting.

I hope Santa was good to those of you who celebrate Christmas, and otherwise, I hope whoever was good to you.
D and I had a very nice Christmas. We both got what we wanted although I was shocked because I didn't even think about what he got me. He got a Capitals Hockey Jersey. He has been looking at it since they changed the design last year. But really who has the money for that...apparently his mom and I do. He was totally shocked, I think, and he was very happy.

I got 3 books and 2 CDs and a leaf blower from his parents (I asked for it). D decided I was getting a Garmin, but then realized he knew me and wasn't sure if I had researched which one I wanted and all that. So on the 26th we went to the running store so I could talk to the guy about it. He answered all my questions but was selling it (the 305) for $80 more than Amazon. I got him to sell it to me for $20 more. Since neither of us was sure that it would work with Vista, I felt the $20 was worth it as it would be easier to return to him.

So today Guinness and I got all set up and off we went. We changed our route but not by much. The first mile was very slow. I didn't use all the fancy stuff so I know the first mile was 17 something (we had some pee and poop breaks). The second 2 miles were hell. It was raining and that's where all the hills are. Finally we got through it and beep beep. Mile 4 was done. And I wasn't even home yet. So we got home at 72 minutes. Our pace was slow, but we had fun on the run. We (I) talked and she ran in the puddles.

Good run in terms of relaxing, bad in terms of time. Eh!

Time: 72:38 (run)
Mileage: 4.34 (16:44 min/mile)
Calories: 532
Max HR 185
Avg HR: 168
From last Saturday:
Time: 73:38 (run)
Mileage: 5 (14:44 min/mile)

6 comments:

timeformetofly said...

Congratulations on the Garmin! I am glad that he spoiled you for Christmas. :) I am also enjoying mine, and cannot wait to get outside to use the GPS instead of just the footpod.

Oh, and have fun with your leaf blower. I am glad that you asked for it because that would have been quite an interesting gift to receive from the in-laws if it was their idea, LOL!

Tammy said...

Congrats on the Garmin.
I've had mine almost 2 years now, and I don't know how I ever ran without it!

Aka Alice said...

I'm lovin' my Garmin too...not sure if I want all that info. I think I might have been lying to myself about how fast/far I've been running...now I can't hide...(oh nooooo).

Glad you had a nice Christmas!

B. Kramer said...

Another convert to the Garmin cult. Good grief. Sounds like a fun run despite the slowness and puddles of it. Cheers!

jen walters said...

glad you had a great Christmas! I got new running shoes!! woo hoo!

Carly said...

Yay on the Garmin! I love mine. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas.

Happy New Year!