Weight I have lost

Friday, January 10, 2014

Some Answers from "Reeling It In"

I lost 2 pounds this week.  Except for Sunday, I wrote everything down.

Thank you for the comments, emails, PMs, and likes from various places about my last post. 

I'll address a couple of things...
1) Journaling:
I didn't write down Sunday, because I went to a bottle share.  What's a bottle share?  It is when you meet up with a bunch of beer drinkers that you may or may not know (I knew 2 people of about 50).  Everyone brings a bottle of a hard-to-get beer in your area, and you share it.  There are some other rules for this one, but that is the basic premise.  Unless I had my phone out the entire time, I couldn't really track  every single thing I drank.  And I'm trying to use my phone less when I'm around real people.  So I just said screw it. But other than that, yes, I write everything down.


I never used Panorama on my phone, before.  This was some of the bottles.

Truth be told, my mom was a Weight Watchers leader growing up.  So I can easily look at something and tell you how many exchanges (and what kind), Points, calories, etc. food has.  I've been journaling what I eat since 6th grade. The problem I have is that I get to the point where I don't care if I ate 1500 calories or 15000 calories.   But I usually write stuff down.  And I know "keeping track in my head" doesn't work for me.

2)  Eliminating Foods:
I know a lot of people on Paleo, no-carb, vegatarian, etc.  I also know I don't cook, and I can only ask D so much to give up when he cooks.  Rice, chicken and pork are 3 foods I know will never happen.  A) the man has 3 grills (gas, charcoal, and pig roaster (yes, for whole pigs)), B) I suggest a meatless meal and the first thing he asks is what we can take out so he can add chicken or bacon. C) I'm working on not eating brands of foods I don't like (for instance...I love pizza, but don't like Domino's or Papa John's...I'm working on not having to "make sure" that I still don't like them...same goes for raisins...testing out a raisin cookie is not going to make me like raisins, so I don't need to eat it).

3) Exercising more:
With all do respect to the person who emailed me this suggestion...duh.

4) Keep planning my meals
I had an incident in March at the grocery that kind of set me back (yes, I got into a verbal dispute with someone although I didn't throw anything at them this time, so I wasn't asked to leave).  I despise the grocery store with every ounce of my being, and tend to get panic attacks in them due to the high stress level.  When D and I met in June 2002, I probably had been to the grocery store less than 10 times the entire year.  When I did go, it was usually at 2am, so no one else would be there.  I've been trying to go more with him, and I do need to contribute more to the meal planning, even if I don't go.  So I'm working on that.

Last week was good. Here were my dinners (lunch is leftovers):
Saturday: 7 Chile Chile
Sunday:  Pan grilled Chicken with Chorizo Confetti, Santa Fe Black Beans
Monday: Jalapeno Popper Chili
Tuesday: Creamy Mustard Chicken , Forgot a vegetable
Wednesday: Leftovers (D went out so I had Jalapeno Popper Chili)
Thursday: Leftovers (Was supposed to have JPC on a baked potato but got tired of that so finished the 7 Chile Chili)
Friday: Out
Saturday: Hamburgers and Cauliflower Tater Tots


5) What's up with the chili?
When I was laid off in 2010, money was tight.  Chili usually makes 10-12 servings. For 2 people, that usually got 7 lunch/dinner servings before someone said, "No more!"   I had the grocery store times laid out when A) it was empty and B) when meat was marked down.  Therefore, we ate a lot of chili.  And if you look on my recipe blog, you'll see there are quite a few recipes. 

I think that is all the topics.  It is supposed to rain tomorrow for my first 5K of 2014.  It was supposed to be the 2nd, but the first one was cancelled due to non-interest (a 5K at a brewery...how can people not be interested).  Have a good weekend!



3 comments:

Carolina John said...

I love chili too, but I like to put tons of hot sauce and jalepenos in there, whereas my wife will not stand those. We made a killer 3 bean chili this week and I've been munching the leftovers all week long

susan#'s said...

love it! Good luck!:) I get burned out on chili, but I think I need to go back there since it is easy and filling.

Unknown said...

Just casually clicked on "Next Blog" and got yours. You're a very different sort of runner to me, but I also balance beer and running. All the best with both. SparseRunner