Weight I have lost

Friday, October 19, 2012

Training or Beer?

We already all know I like beer.  We also know I really hate my commute on Thursdays.  To go 30 miles takes somewhere between 60 and 150 minutes.  Usually running gets cut out of the mix.

I'm into week 2 of training. It should come as no surprise I have missed both Thursday runs.  Last Thursday I couldn't find a parking space by the gym (2 block limit with street lights is a requirement since a carjacking occurred there), and there was free beer at the pet store.  "Oh, I'll go at 5am," I told D.  Set my alarm and at 745 the next morning I woke up to my friend calling me about something.  I sat in my chair all day at work and prayed no one would ask me a question.  I don't know what a Farmhouse Saison is, but the pet store served up quite a kick. 

The rest of the runs from last week were ok.  I have to find a new 6 mile route.  It might be just cutting the gas station corner out of the mix.  Too many drugs on the corner (and I got offered some this time)!  So this week I did a fartlek and a 5 mile run.  I don't think the 5 miler went ok. 2 trainers asked me if I was ok.  I was...just walked a little more than I wanted to...HR is still getting too high (I know, slow down).

Thursday, well I had a Groupon to go to the Atlanta Botanical Garden for the Fest-of-Ale.  So D and I did that.  Can I say I thought it was a total rip-off?  It was pitch black (it did say bring a flash light, but come one...put up some white holiday lights).  I mean even with a flash-light, you couldn't see scarecrows.  They ran out of beer (the plus was they had good beer).  We were there less than 30 minutes, because parking only cost us $2.  But it was $18+dollars with the Groupon.  Can you imagine paying $36+ for this and then being asked to buy beer ($5 or $6 depending on which line you got in)?  Needless to say, this is my PSA that I found the whole thing to be a rip-off and I don't need to go back.  It would have been cheaper and more fun to go to the bar down the street. 

Apparently we weren't the only ones who felt ripped off.  The couple behind us were very eloquent with, "That fucking sucked."

Tomorrow, 7 miles on tap.  And then Sunday. 

No comments: