Weight I have lost

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Not one race run

Back in October, I had 2 10Ks, 2 5K, and a 5miler on my plate.

10K #1- Fail...I fell on my ankle the week before.
5K #1- It started raining sideways before the start so we bagged it.
5K #2- Porter passed away the day before, and I was too busy crying to go
10K #2- It logistically couldn't happen for me

So 5miler...
All I had to do was get to Baltimore (the 2nd 10K was on the day we were flying to DC hence logistics).
So D and I ran, lifted weights, trained a dog (oh wait...nope), and drank beer. We got to DC and visited his parents. We visited my grandfather, my aunts, my uncle, D's nephew, visited Georgetown, drank the nights away and played with D's parents puppy. We even ran.

Thursday, we went on vacation to Baltimore. We drank, we ate, we walked. Friday we went and picked up our race packets and very nice shirts. Being from the area we both pshawed the weather of the Winter Wallop 09! We drank more, walked more and got home at a reasonable hour.

Pratt Street Ales - Breakfast Porter and Pagan Porter are a must. So is the crab soup.
Max's on Broadway- So many taps so little time
Slainte- Guinness and Guinness Onion Soup
BOP- Cheesesteak Pizza

We got back to the hotel. And went to sleep. V called us at 545am. I called her back at 630. Were we going to run? Um, as I looked down on Aliceanna Street and saw a cab slide into the sidewalk, I answered that question... No. I don't drive in this shit in a 4WD much less a PT Cruiser Rental. So back to bed (I might have had a Weyerbacher for breakfast). At 10, up and at them. V decided to drive to Bmore from Frederick, since her hotel wouldn't cancel her reservation. So out to Fell's Point since most of Baltimore was closed (the race did have 400 people show up though). Much beer was consumed. Wolavers Coffee Stout Yum!!!!

Sunday D and I woke up hungover. And Delta had cancelled our flight. By the time we got a rep on the phone, they told us we could get home on 12/25 (it was 12/20). So back to the airport to drop off the car and pick up a new rental. Kennel called for Guinness to stay another day. Scuttlebutt stayed at co-workers one more day. We stayed at D's parents.
A 650 mile drive took 12 hours, but we did find out the pro's and cons of a Toyota Matrix. The fact it wasn't a PT Cruiser or a HHR (a big POS) were the biggest pros.

So we left at 4AM on Monday. We got home from the trip, picking up Guinness, dropping off the Matrix and picking up SB at 8PM.

What would a vacation be if I didn't have something to bitch about?

The bright side...all that beer...I got to bring it home.


Leah said...

Glad to hear from you, it's been a while! All things considered, at least you lived to run another day. Or at least didn't hurt your ankle again running on ice. Eeeesh.

Missy said...

Hey, at least it all makes for a good story. Otherwise, life would be so boring.

Java Joggers said...

Nice to read a new post from you! You always have good stories to tell...

Aka Alice said...

YAY! You posted! Good to read from you :-)

Glad you survived "The Great Storm of '09" in such style. I'd have driven back too...what's a little snow?

Amazon Runner said...

Wooo-- glad you posted! I love your running stories and your non-running stories! LOL